The PEI Rape and Sexual Assault Centre offers a variety of services related to sexual abuse and recovery. However it is important to remember that there are services we do not provide. This page specifies what direct services we offer, and describes some of the practices and principles of the PEIRSAC. For further inquiries, please contact us.
- Individual and Group Therapy (see below for more information)
- Support and Information (see below for more information)
- Partnership and Consultation with other agencies and community groups
- Public Education Sessions (see below for more information)
- Advocacy and Networking (Representation on: Premier's Family Violence Prevention Action Committee, PEI Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Advisory Committee, Victim Services Advisory Committee)
PEIRSAC Does Not Provide the Following:
For more information on any of these services please call our main office number (902) 566-1864.
- Services for Children
- Couple/Family Counseling
- Support or crisis intervention outside of regular work hours
- Accompaniment to hospital or police
- Group programs as resources permit
PEIRSAC Therapy Services are:
- For women and men (over age 16) who have experienced sexual violence
- Free of charge
- Provided by professional therapists who are experienced and trained in trauma recovery
REQUESTING THERAPY SERVICES
To make a request for therapy services, call our therapy line at (902) 368-8055. Please leave a confidential voice mail message which includes: your name, number and whether we can leave a detailed message at that number. A therapist will get back to you as soon as possible, within five days. When one of our therapists returns your call, she will ask you a series of questions to gain an appreciation of your situation. Recent assault victims will receive priority. If we do have a wait list at the time of your call you will be advised of this. A therapist will call you as soon as possible to set up your initial appointment.
See our two brochures "Our Services for Survivors of Sexual Assault" and "Our Services for Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse" under Educational Resources.
PUBLIC EDUCATION SESSIONS
We provide public education sessions on a wide range of topics including: personal safety, date rape, relationship violence, healthy relationships, boundaries and sexual relationships and the meaning of consent. Please call our main office number (902) 566-1864 for more information on this service.
SUPPORT AND INFORMATION
For information during weekdays please contact our main office number, (902) 566-1864. To make a request or referral for therapy, please call (902) 368-8055.
Main Office 566.1864
Therapy Line 902.368.8055